Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

STAT TRACKER

Stat Trackers

Never underestimate the importance of this handy tool

Do you know what your readers want? Obviously they’re interested in what you have to say because they visit your blog, but do you know which posts are most popular? Likewise are you aware of the topics bringing in the least amount of traffic?

Check Daily

It pays to keep an eye on your statistics. Don’t just glance at them, analyze them. Learn which key phrases bring in the most visitors, and which phrases don't work at all. That’s not to say you should write around your keywords.

However, it would be in your best interests to learn what it is that’s bringing traffic to your blog and figure out how to keep them coming back for more. If that means inserting popular keywords and phrases into your post, figure out how to do it so it makes the most sense.

Plenty of Options


If you don’t already have some sort of statistics tracker installed, do look into one. I like [url=http://sitemeter.com] Site Meter[/link]. It’s free and tells me what I need to know. I can see which keywords work best, who links to me and which days had the most traffic. Some of my fellow bloggers swear by Stat Counter, but it doesn't work well on my blog.

What Can You Learn from Your Stat Tracker?

Some of the things I learned from my Site Meter include:

* Controversy brings in traffic.
* People don’t type like they talk. Many popular key phrases are grammatically incorrect. It pays to link to others. Reciprocal links bring in good traffic.
* It pays to add a link to your blog in your signature when visiting other blogs and forums.

Having a way to analyze my traffic helped me to grow traffic from a few dozen visitors a day to almost two thousand. Don’t underestimate the importance of a stat tracking tool.

0 comments: